Staying healthy while on holiday, especially an all-inclusive holiday, can be difficult, but not impossible. With a little planning and some self-discipline, you can prevent undoing all that hard work over the past few months to get yourself in shape and fit into your summer outfit.
Here are some tips to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle during your vacation:
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially in hot climates. Avoid excessive consumption of sugary drinks and, if possible, try not to drink too much alcohol as this can dehydrate you, if you do drink then always have a glass or bottle of water to sip as this will counteract the effect of the alcohol.
- Balanced Eating: All-inclusive resorts offer a wide variety of food, a lot of amazing fresh fruit, salads etc but also the very tempting counter with pizza, chips, deep fried treats and desserts, which are hard to avoid on holiday, also the ever-popular full English breakfast, which most brits only eat on holiday! It’s all about balance, look at your plate and try to have an equal split of protein. Vegetables/salad and carbohydrates, avoid the tempting between meal snacks and midnight buffet if possible.
- Snack Wisely: If you can’t avoid the temptation of snacks then try to choose healthier options such as fresh fruits, nuts, or yogurt instead of reaching for chips or pastries.
- Physical Activity: Stay active during your vacation, go for a walk along the beach, get up early and go to the gym or for a run, participate in the activities on offer in your resort such as swimming, beach volleyball. It is always best to exercise first thing in the morning then you feel good for the rest of the day.
- Sleep Well: You’ve been looking forward to this holiday for months, working hard, some long hours, so make sure to take the time to have quality sleep each night. A well-rested body is much better equipped to stay healthy and energized.
- Sun Protection: If you’re in a sunny destination, protect your skin from harmful UV rays by wearing sunscreen and a hat. Heat exhaustion and sunburn can quickly ruin your holiday.
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction: Take time to relax and de-stress during your vacation. Engage in activities that promote relaxation, such as reading, meditating, or getting a massage.
- Stay Active Outside the Resort: If you have the opportunity, explore the local area, engage in outdoor activities like hiking, cycling, or cultural excursions.
- Stay Hygienic with Food and Water: If you’re traveling to a place with potential food and water safety concerns, stick to bottled water and avoid consuming raw or undercooked foods.
- Listen to Your Body: Pay attention to how you feel and adjust your activities accordingly. Don’t push yourself too hard if you’re feeling exhausted or unwell, it’s a holiday not a race.
Remember, vacations are meant to be enjoyable and rejuvenating experiences. By following these tips, you can strike a balance between indulging and staying healthy while on holiday.
And if you stay here…maybe it’s time to book your chiropractic check up or Deep Tissue Massage as we are open all summer.