We are still open and happy to be able to provide chiropractic care but we are extremely busy.
Here are some additional precautions we are taking these days.
-24 hours before your appointment we will send you via email a Mandatory Covid-19 screening , please answer those questions accordingly , it will help us make decision whether is it safe for you to visit our clinic. Please contact your chiropractor if your survey suggest that we need to reschedule your appointment.
– When you arrive for your appointment please try to ensure you are alone, please wait in the car to avoid people gathering in the waiting area, we are trying to book appointments in such a way that avoids more than 2 people (one per practitioner) being in the clinic at any time. If you are in a vulnerable group and you need to visit us please contact us directly via text or email and we will book you in at a suitable time where available.
-We will ask you to place your belongings in a safe place then please wash your hands on arrival in the facilities provided (WC).
-We will check your temperature and ask you questions in regards to exposure to covid-19
– We will be cleaning/sanitising benches and certain areas of the clinic between clients (door handles, chairs etc) , so please be patient while we do this.
– As practitioners we will follow the guidelines for PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) wearing gloves, visor or eye protection , mask and apron during your appointment. Please bring your own mask/face covering.
-Vulnerable and Clinically Extremely Vulnerable people:
Those that are vulnerable now defined by being over 60 years of age and the clinically vulnerable (over 70 and/or with specific health conditions) are being advised to be careful and minimise contact with others. We will contact you prior to your appointment and risk assess whether it is safe for you to visit your chiropractor, if you receive a letter from the NHS asking you to shield, then please make us aware by text/email so we can re-schedule your appointment accordingly.
We will ask you to sign a Covid-19 Patient Consent Form in addition to our consent to Examination and Treatment form.
Please familiarise yourself with this form before your appointment:
Patient Information and Consent Form
Risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Transmission at Wellbeing Chiropractic
The Government published a Statutory Instrument on 26th March 2020, no. 350 ‘The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020’ confirming that it is lawful for a chiropractic practice to remain open. It further defines those people who are classed as ‘vulnerable’.
In accordance with up-to-date Government and Public Health England guidance Wellbeing Chiropractic has taken precautions to protect our patients and team members. These include rigorous sanitization procedures. We also request that any symptomatic patients follow NHS guidance on self-isolation and refrain from visiting the practice at this time. Despite this, there is a risk of transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and it is important that you are aware of the risk.
PRECAUTIONS THAT WELLBEING CHIROPRACTIC HAS IN PLACE:
- All patients contacting us for an appointment are triaged by filling out a Mandatory Covid -19 Survey to establish their status (asymptomatic / symptomatic / self-isolating / living with someone symptomatic or self-isolating / have been in contact with anyone symptomatic).
- Only people in the asymptomatic category can attend the practice.
- A second triage is conducted at the practice by a team member.
- A strict cleaning, sanitation and infection control protocol is adhered to.
- All team members at Wellbeing Chiropractic follow government social distancing guidance where possible.
- Practice layout has been adapted to maintain social distancing between patients and all team members where possible.
CONSENT TO RECEIVE CARE AT Wellbeing Chiropractic
- I have answered all questions (triage) in Mandatory Covid -19 survey relating to my potential exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19) truthfully; specifically I am not currently symptomatic, nor am I self-isolating, nor am I living with anyone who is symptomatic or self-isolating, nor have I been in contact with anyone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19.
- I understand that there is a potential risk of transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19) as a result of attending the practice and/or receiving treatment.
- I have had the opportunity to ask all the questions I wish to, and all my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.
- I have read, agreed to and understood the statements above relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19) risk and consent to receive care at Wellbeing Chiropractic
- I understand and agree that I will need to give separate consent regarding my chiropractic care.
Thank you for your cooporation. we are looking forward to meet you soon.
Yours in Health and Wellbeing.
Dave and Magda Ballentine